Baked Tortilla Pie
What do you do when you have tortillas you need to use up? Make tortilla pie! Super easy and far less work than rolling burritos.
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 – 9 inch)
- 1 package taco seasings
- 1/2 can sliced black olives
- 2 green onions
- handful fresh cilantro
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 package veggie ground round (I used Yves Mexican)
- 2 cups vegan cheese or organic cheddar
- Sour cream (I used Tofutti better than sour cream)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cook ground round and taco seasonings according to package directions (if using veggie meat, do not brown the meat, it is not necessary – as with all veggie meats, the less you cook it, the better).
In a 9 inch round cake pan, place one tortilla. Layer with “meat” mixture, beans, olives and cheese. Complete these layers using all 4 tortilla shells, finishing the last one with cheese and green onions.
Bake in oven uncovered about 25 minutes. Just enough to heat through and make cheese nice and gooey.
Let sit for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with dollop of sour cream and your favorite salsa. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro. I served mine with Ali-O’s Bean Salad. YUM!