Plan B Organic Farms – HOME DELIVERY
Say goodbye to summer shares and hello to fall shares! The fall shares from Plan B are honestly the ones I look forward to the most every year. This will be my third fall with Plan B. The boxes truly hold all that autumn harvest has to offer….
Each fall share contains:
Root Veggies – for example, local carrots, potatoes, onions, garlic, sweet potatoes, & squash.
Fresh Veggies – for example, broccoli, celery, peppers, zucchini, leek, tomatoes, chard & kale.
Salad Greens – for example, local greenhouse grown lettuce, salad mix, arugula, & herbs.
Fruit – for example, local apples, oranges, banana, pears, avocadoes, mangos & lemons.
(Examples of 1 item are: 1 bunch broccoli, 2lbs potatoes, 5 pears, 1 bag salad mix, 1 bunch of basil etc.)
What is Plan B?
Plan B is a local, family run organic farm – Melanie, Alvaro and Rodrego and their children are passionate and honest about what they do. Their passion is contagious and their authenticity admirable. Years ago, people had to eat local, seasonal foods because that’s all that was available to them. But with today’s technology and ever growing grocery chains, we are eating strawberries in December (which scientists are now saying is not such a good thing after all). Things always seem to come full circle, don’t they? and we continually learn from our mistakes. Sadly, these lessons often come through illness or environmental concerns. Regardless things are changing….we are learning and we are becoming more aware of the effects that the foods we eat have on our bodies. More and more people are supporting our local farmers, eating organic and aiding in the overall health of our planet (and our bodies) YAY! It makes me giddy when someone tells me how much they love their Plan B Box because it means there is a greater understanding. An understanding of how beneficial eating local seasonal organic foods is to not only our health but also to our environment.
Here are some of the great reasons to order and enjoy Plan B produce all winter long!
- The best selection & value of local and imported certified organic produce – directly from farmer to farmer
- Keep your food budget on target – I’ve saved money ordering from Plan B!
- Plan B “puts local first” in the shares, with stored root crops, local greenhouse greens, and local apples all season long.
- The imported foods in your share are as fresh as you can get. They don’t sit out on a store shelf losing valuable nutrients, they go straight from the ground to the cooler to you.
- Supporting Plan B in their ongoing work of developing a local organic farm business helps your local farmers AND your environment!
- Best of all – opening your weekly Plan B box is like opening a gift from the earth.
I hope that many of you will choose to support Plan B through the fall, winter & spring instead of returning to the supermarket, for your fresh certified organic produce. This off season income is a crucial part of this family run farm business and is what makes it possible for them to keep farming year after year!
Mention this post when ordering and receive $5.oo off your first share!
For more information or to order your share, please visit: